What is a router and do you actually need one? Depending on which features you are looking for, one could cost you anywhere from $30 to $500, so take a look at these few pointers! In a nutshell, a router’s purpose is to take information from multiple networks and deliver them to multiple computers. Although not a mandatory accessory to include in your setup, here are some reasons you may want to invest in one.
1. Routers enable you to share files and printers between all devices on the same connection, so you won’t have to get multiple printers for each of your family members.
2. Routers add another level of security to your Internet connection. Every device on the Internet requires an IP address unique to the device. Your router will access the internet through that IP address, and then continues to provide local IP addresses for all devices connected to it, which are not directly exposed on the internet, which makes port scans essentially impossible. Because of this, it is also not visible to cyber criminals, thus offering you an additional layer of defence.
3. Takes up little space and clears your area of wires and clutter!
With so many routers in the market, even if you’re not tech savvy, IoT Asia Online provides a fuss free, 3 minute touch screen setup router! Securifi Almond, a revolutionary device that brought touch to Wireless Routers for the first time in history. It enables first time users to set up and conduct any maintenance, using its highly intuitive touch screen interface, without the need for any PC/Mac/CD’s.
Its dual purpose enables you to use it as a Range Extender over your existing router, and is compatible with most routers ranging from Apple, Netgear, Linksys, Cisco, Belkin, Dlink, Asus and more. To be used as a Wireless Router, it can have speeds of up to 300Mbps. Simply connect it to your Cable/DSL/Fibre Modem and follow the intuitive on-screen instructions!
With online security being a huge concern in recent times, IoT Asia Online’s Securifi takes security very seriously and unlike other routers, each Almond is shipped with a unique and random name (SSID) and password which is set at the factory. The Almond’s default SSID’s ‘nomap’ tag prevents your router from being recorded in Google’s Location Tracking Database.
Here are some technical specifications for all the tech junkies!
– Wireless: 802.11a/b/g/n, 2.4 GHz Band
– Security: WEP, WPA, WPA2
– Multi-Purpose: Wireless Router, Range Extender, Access Point
– Software Features: Guest Network, Port Forwarding
– Ports: 1 Ethernet WAN, 1 Ethernet LAN
– Compatible With any ISP modem (Cable/DSL/Fiber/..)Any existing router in Extender ModePC, Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android
IoT Asia Online has partnered up with us to giveaway 2 Securifi Almond Touchscreen Wireless Routers worth S$109 each! All you have to do is go to our Facebook page and complete the steps!